I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) specialized in Psychological Reports for Immigrants. I work with immigrants and their families from any country. I am fluent in English and Portuguese. Assessment interviews are done by questionnaire (send via email), and an interview through Video Telehealth. I’m flexible, friendly, and highly skilled in achieving the results my clients need. I have been doing this kind of work for the past 17 years and work with many different lawyers around the USA. Integrity is central to my approach; I produce accurate, reliable evaluations designed to meet the standards and criteria of the US Department of Immigration.
- Private Practice in Charlotte, NC. 2018 – Present.
- Private Practice in Manhattan, NY. 2000-2003.
- Private Practice in Westchester, NY. 2000-2018.
- Provide psychotherapy to adults and young adults.
- Provide Psychological Reports for immigrants.
- Clinical concentration on depression anxiety, experiences of immigration, exile, life challenges and changes.
- Clinical expertise in working with the LGBT community.
- My professional and personal knowledge of multifaceted identity makes me especially sensitive to issues of cultural selfhood and adjustment.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Psychoanalysis, Honorary Degree | Southern California Master of Social Work. May, 2002.
New York University – NY
Master of Applied Psychology. May, 1998.
Fairfield University – CT
Bachelor in History. May, 1991.
Manhattanville College – NY
WORKSHOPS & OUTREACH
Group dynamics for Peer Support Group Facilitators.Training workshop for support group leaders – group dynamics, leadership skills, authority, boundaries and task.